Excellent news for Akira Omaki (2010 PhD) – the National Science Foundation is supporting his research on the development of language processing mechanisms in children, to the tune of $390,000. The project is on “Development and adaptation of active dependency completion mechanisms”, and you can read about it here. I always tell people: “nobody ever gets their grant funded on the first submission” — wrong again!
- All careers are alternative nowadays
- Theories all the way down
- Remembering Akira
- Creating a parkrun USA event: 6-month update
- Coordinated language research funding: dream or reality?
- Creating a parkrun USA event
- How to create a top journal by accepting (almost) everything
- Making stuff up as you go along. Selectively.
- Pro-choice on the linguistics curriculum
- Web presence for linguists