Congrats to Dr Dan Parker and Dr Sol Lago, who have finished their PhDs and are moving onwards and upwards. Dan’s dissertation is The Cognitive Basis for Encoding and Navigating Linguistic Structure. He’ll be moving one state away and a couple of hundred years to the College of William and Mary, the second oldest university in North America. He’ll be on the faculty of the Linguistics Program. Sol’s dissertation is Memory and Prediction in Cross-linguistic Sentence Comprehension. She’ll be starting a postdoc position in Germany in the Potsdam Research Institute in Multilingualism. We like Williamsburg and Berlin/Potsdam, so you guys should invite us over.
- Remembering Akira
- Creating a parkrun USA event: 6-month update
- Coordinated language research funding: dream or reality?
- Creating a parkrun USA event
- How to create a top journal by accepting (almost) everything
- Making stuff up as you go along. Selectively.
- Pro-choice on the linguistics curriculum
- Web presence for linguists
- NSF success for Shota and Ming
- Pay Very Close Attention